Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Kim Peek

The man who inspired the Oscar winning movie Rain Man or rather the ‘Real’ Rain Man died last December 2009. Hoffman’s character in the movie was based on Kim. He is termed the best savant who ever lived. A guy who’s ability to recall zip codes , phone codes, dates and immense data from history, boxing, music and politics has intrigued a lot of scientists. He was a living google indeed!! You cant help but be flabbergasted when you watch his documentary.

I say : ‘Life is so fleeting’
You say : Yes of cause anything new? (You think :Useless talk I need to rush to my 2pm meeting)
I say : You never know you might not see me tomorrow
You say : Why cant you just say (You grabbing : your car keys ) that you want to borrow?
I say : Well you keep your car while I keep my thoughts…(I think :why cant I meet someone with whom I can converse )
You say : hey fella don’t take it hard I will surely drop you home on my course

That’s what happens when you try to talk about death !!
Death is one thing that I have never been able completely comprehend and on the other hand life is something that I am trying to understand/experience as days go by .. one by one from its myriad colors Its like fuzzy logic. You think ‘you know it all’ until you stumble on something new and say ‘now I know it all’ :)

If you have a grandmom living thousands of miles away in a far off country , your parents living in another city , your aunt living in the next lane don’t think about distance just pick the phone dial their number and talk your heart out.. I am sure you will not have any regrets when (God forbid) God says “its your time old fella “!!!

1 comment: