Thursday, December 31, 2009

Seasons

Autumn dreams are filled with maple trees turning crimson and golden in the morning rays
The driveways filled with multi hued leaves that crumble as I walk to the main door way
I’d like to sit in a city park reading a well known classic just beside a fountain at an inconspicuous nook
My reverie only to be broken by the laughter of a little girl playing afar… as I momentarily glance away form the book


Winter with its own ways does bring the rustic old cottage furnace back to life to protect from sleet
Once aglow… its warmth is radiated in the eyes of my Labrador lying at my feet
The air wafts with the aroma of homemade food well laden on the table for dinner
While the cozy feather bed freshly made beckons me for a deep slumber


Spring springs in my mind the wildflowers in west coast that are awakened by short showers
Vividly painted birds that hide in the lushly green woods dotted with streams and rivers
Long drives with my hubby to a national park or two.. listening to tunes both old and new
Stopping at scenic spots for a few memorable snap shots


Summer is synonymous for straw-hats , siestas and strawberry milk shakes
Coconut trees gently swaying to the cool breeze from the alluring azure seas
Slipping in cotton clothes and sleeping on a ham hock with shades covering my eyes
Flip flops, mud castles and telling tales by the night bon fire against the deep cobalt skies

Rainy season brings back fond memories galore from my moms hot fudges
To kids huddling under one umbrella and splashing in the stagnant puddles
The fresh look that the leaves took amidst the dripping rain drops
Crisp days and cool nights.. the sweet fresh wet-mud scent in air is all that I liked

4 comments: